Monday, February 8, 2010

Weakness is the 5th season

So, I'm stuck here in Harrisburg PA.... and I mean stuck. This is a hole, a state Capital with the most unpleasant of social structures in history. This is as interesting as it gets for a social addict like me.

First of all... drinking and driving is a sport here. I find it offensive. These people get wasted, not tipsy, wasted and then hop behind the wheel and turn the roads into a contact sport. Second, I've come close to throwing a couple of "Bows" because of the unconscionable use of the "N-Bomb". Apparently this town is just a very large trailer park

But the absolute crusher on this trip was the 12 inches of snow that because listed as a "National Emergency" by the state of Pennsylvania. I'm Canadian, I understand that shit weather is part of the gig, but it shouldn't be out of the ordinary to expect a winter nation like the Norther USA to figure out the snow shouldn't cause the rotation of the planet to stop... but that is just what happened.

I drove 1 hour to Gettysburg... THE GETTYSBURG.... to envelope myself in American Military History and drive the battlefield tours. And what happened?? Guess, you only get 2..... that's right, the City of Gettysburg was closed. Not a couple of shops, not the federal buildings for tourists.... the city was closed. You couldn't even get a beer. Or milk.... somebody explain that one to me. And when I state my discomfort???? "you aren't in Canada man..... its not the same"....

Why not?? This is supposedly the most powerful country in the world. You can murder a world leader in his sleep and you can't shovel snow????

I'm calling it right now..... global warming is almost over and global cooling will begin and when it hits??? I'll be "Grand Emperor" of Canada and invade this little "Winter Free" zone that is the united slobs of America

1 comment: