Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm back...Back in the USA

Well, its been almost 2 years and its time to get this thing up and running.  A quick little review since my last post.  I have gone to Afghanistan, received a medal for my contributions to the war there.  I got home, had to piece my life back together after spending 7 months away.  Coached a hockey team, helped them win a regional championship.  Coached a lacrsosse team (results to be posted soon).  Went from being CH-47 qualified to CH-146 qualified.  Spent 3 months in Montreal training.  Another month in New Brunswick training.  All that and then got the entire family posted to Petawawa.

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel in South Philly across the street from the Boeing CH-47 Plant training on my country's newest acquisition.  Now I can't get into the nitty gritty, but she is a beaut and I have never been happier to be a part of somethin, nor have I ever been apart of something this big from the ground floor.

Now, back at home my wife, arguabley the strongest woman I know, is running the house like a well oiled machine.  She is managing to keep 3 kids (ya, thats right, I said 3 but that is another story) a house, driving to hockey lessons 2 hours away and all the other wonderments that come with being a single mom, all the time having her pain in the ass husband chirping in her ear every 2 nights wondering what I'm missing out on.  It is common knowledge that my son has never forgiven me for moving from Cold Lake AB and really hasn't been that happy since moving to Borden but Pet seems to be his new Xanadu.  It is the perfect match of bumpkin-nowhere and close to a real city, so the girls are happy with Ottawa and Ethan is happy with the open spaces of northern Ontario.  All the while I miss out on all the adventures they are having.

So, I end my rant on this.  When you want to be a part of something big, don't be surprised when you miss something bigger back home.

End of Message

No comments:

Post a Comment